Sunday, February 21, 2010

Growing up...

Addy is quickly growing up, much to the sadness of us all. Wish we could stop time right now, since this is one of our favorite times in this little girl's life. She is so much fun!
Here are some evidences of her growing up...
She came out of her bedroom telling me how pretty she was. She had put 2 slips on and 2 different shoes. She kept that outfit on all day, not willing to change clothes. She loved to spin around the front room with the slips.



We bought a little toddler bed for her and she LOVES it! She was so happy to get out of "jail" and we weren't sure she'd stay in this bed, but she does!


She helped me cut her daddy's hair the other day and did a pretty good job!



Our dishwasher has been on the fritz for the last couple of weeks so I have been doing dishes by hand. Addy found her love of washing dishes (AKA playing in the water), so whenever I start, she said, "I an wash dishes!" and runs to get a chair and a scrubber. She'll stay there for an hour working along side me. Not sure I want to get the dishwasher fixed! It's nice to play in the water with her!

She also decided to potty train herself this last month. I wasn't sure if we were ready, but we tried a couple of times and she didn't do anything, but when her friend Penny came over and used the potty, she decided to do it herself. So one day, she wanted little unders. I thought I was in for it and would be changing messy unders all day, but she would put herself on her little potty every couple of hours, dump it in the toilet, then climb on the toilet seat and wash her hands! Then she'd come out and tell me "I went potty, mama!" Wow! She's only 27 months--but I decided it must be my reward for having five children!




I think she will always be our baby girl! You are very loved, Addy!

2 comments:

BowSweet said...

CUTIE! She's hired. Bring her to my house. I have some pots waiting. "Sing the song."... "I just did." HAHA!

Katie said...

Since she couldn't come over today....this helped in getting our Addie fix. We love you Addie, feel better soon!