Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mormon Miracle Pageant 2010

We were able to do the Manti Pageant this year. We had planned to do it before we knew we were going to move here, but it ended up being a bonus so we could get house plans done, start sub-dividing, and the kids could become familiar with everything and meet new friends. It was a great experience for all of us. A great spirit is felt while doing the pageant and being at the temple. Nathan said his testimony grew. (even a bigger bonus!)

Addy LOVED wearing her ID badge. Every night we went up, she asked for her badge and said, "Yay! We going to temple!"


Two cutie-pies all dressed up and reading for their acting debut for an audience of 5,000 to 15,000!



Posing with the guy portraying Jesus before we go on...The kids LOVED the Christ in America scene. What a spiritual experience we all had understanding a little of how the people would have felt seeing the Savior coming down from the clouds and teaching them and blessing them. Beautiful scene! Addy was a bit scared of Jesus, that's why I had to jump in the picture before I even had my costume...But she talked about Jesus and was a bit confused when we kept trying to explain it was a "pretend Jesus", someone dressed up. She liked it when he gave her a high-5!



McKenzie in her angel costume:


Nathan as a Nephite:
He loved being a sword boy and swinging his sword following Captain Moroni down the hill with other little boys. Fun times!
The crew: All the Cousins with Mike and Jen. Bradley is 2nd from left, playing a lamanite warrior (yes, he gets killed every night), McKenzie is in the middle in her Nephite costume. We were supposed to be there, but thought we were late, so we were running down the hill to not miss our part.


Me with the younger 3. I love Addy's face in this one, and Nathan is a bit goofy!











Looks like we have a new family tradition! Now to get Mike involved next year...stay tuned!



4 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

I saw you!! Well, I was watching for where you said you'd be. We had such a great time. It was nice chatting with you too. Hopefully next time I'll see you in person:) Your pics are awesome.

cambridgeclan said...

You sound like you are in heaven back there. It is so good to see pictures. I keep having to remind myself that you don't live down the street anymore:( I am glad you are so happy!

walkin on cloud nine said...

Fun pictures! Wish we could have come to see the show. Too many things came up all at once. You look like you all enjoyed yourselves. Fun family memories!!!

Katie said...

So fun! I want to come see the Pageant sometime..I've always heard that its wonderful. What a fun experience for your kids that you get to do EVERY summer now!