Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dumb Mama!


I used to have a plant when I was a kid that was called a "Dumb Mama" because it dropped it's babies (seeds) on the ground. I called myself that last week when it was crazy hair day and I thought it would be cool to spray some color on the kids' hair, even thought I didn't have colored hair spray. I found some food coloring spray you use to decorate cakes, andd thought it would work, so I sprayed blue, orange, pink and yellow stripes in the kids' hair and sent them off to school. When I got them off, I looked at my hands and the dye was on my hands and I couldn't wash it off. It only came off with bleach. So when I told Mike what I had done, he told me he thought that would be permanent and we'd have to buzz their hair and take Sydney to the beautician. I stressed all day, imagining Bradley going to his Arrow of Light award program like that, and oh no- church! When they got home, we immediately took them to the bathroom, and as things usually work out, the dye washed right out- with plain water! Thank goodness. Needless to say- I did learn a lesson that day- Mom's are ALWAYS right! ha ha

2 comments:

Balser said...

My mom put your link on her blog so I am peeking! I like your story! Dumb Mama-I do a lot of dumb mama things! I am glad my mom and Steve were able to go to the baby blessing-she said it was wonderful! By the way, congrats on your new sweet baby! Also, I am jealous you got to meet the prophet so many times! I never did :( Later! April Barrett (Tanya's oldest daughter-in case you had a brain fart!)

GDuck said...

I'm glad you didn't have to shave their heads! I am not much help since I've never put food coloring in my hair. hahaha Sometimes it's worth a little stress to have a great story to tell! :)