My mom came to babysit for a few days for our Monterey trip, and we took the chance to drive to San Francisco and see Wicked together. Even though I had just seen it, I loved it so much that I wanted to go again with mom. We drove to Oakland and took the subway in. We got there early and walked around FOREVER, looking for a decent place to eat that wasn't over 25$ a plate. We found French restaraunts that were a bit too fancy of food for us, and another place that looked nice, but too expensive for what you got. Then we went to Carl's Jr. right by the theater and took one look at the bathroom and high-tailed it out of there. EEW! So we ended up getting fries and shake at BurgerKing. We laughed at how funny that was. We sure got our education while walking around- ended up in the red light district on accident, walked past crazies yelling swear words, homeless on the street, and transvestites. I think mom was ready to go back to Utah after that!
But the show was great and we had a fun time in the big city together! Thanks Mom! It was fun to have you come out and we were so grateful you could take care of our kids for a few days! Love ya!
4 comments:
Wow, you two amaze me at all the traveling you do- despite the fact that you have 5 KIDS!
LOVE Wicked! I actually flew to Hollywood to see it when my husband had a business trip, then had the opportunity to see it with my two daughters when we were in california last summer! Isn't it just a great show?
JEALOUS!! We actually had tickets to see it a second time here in SL, but gave them to Ty's parents,
cause we'll be on vacation, but I guess it's worth it! So fun though, crazy SFransicans and all :)
I just finished reading Wicked and want to see the play soooooo bad, how much were tickets?!?
Post a Comment