Best part was when Nathan was disappointed he couldn't get the stitches at the clinic. I asked him why he wanted stitches so bad and he replied, "Well, Mom, I just figure I need to experience everything in life, and I haven't had stitches yet, so I really want them!"
Here we are- the good and the funny times! Hope you enjoy staying connected to us. Let us know if you have a blog, too, so we can add you to our friends and family list. You can click on any picture here if you want it clearer and larger. Have fun!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Stitches...Bad day...and wise words from a 7 yr old...
My crazy Nathan- 7 yo- fell on the playground at school- on his chin...so I picked him up, called the insurance who made an appointment at the clinic for 2 hours later, after I told them he needed stitches. Then I ran an errand, came home and while I was taking the sleeping 2 yr old to bed, Nathan came and said, "Mom- I locked the car so the burglars don't get your purse". Well, I had my only car keys- (Mike had my other set) cell phone and purse and groceries in the car. I wasn't sure I could get him to the stitches appointment, but Mike came home and saved us, only to get to the appointment and the clinic said, "Oh- why did they send you here? We don't do stitches!- You'll have to go to ER!" So Mike had to come get him and take him- because I had parent teacher conferences and YW in Excellence to get ready for and the ER is 40 minutes away! CRAZY! But I had to laugh in the end and our YW in Excellence was nice, so it made for a good ending. I should have stayed in bed that day. But it's one for the journal!
Best part was when Nathan was disappointed he couldn't get the stitches at the clinic. I asked him why he wanted stitches so bad and he replied, "Well, Mom, I just figure I need to experience everything in life, and I haven't had stitches yet, so I really want them!"

Best part was when Nathan was disappointed he couldn't get the stitches at the clinic. I asked him why he wanted stitches so bad and he replied, "Well, Mom, I just figure I need to experience everything in life, and I haven't had stitches yet, so I really want them!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment