So my friend Jenny shared this online job chart and I thought I'd check it out. I've been doing it only a few days now, but my children have been so motivated to do work and log in their chores to get points. They are all working towards a Lagoon trip (which we were going to do anyway) and a kitten (which we were going to get them in a couple months anyway) WOW, can I tell you how hard they have been working and I haven't had to remind them to do a thing! Even Addison- I just let the point system work for me. It's free but it's worth a million bucks! I've done a million different job charts in the past (ok, not really a million, but it feels like it) and they only last a short time until they get bored of them. I'm not one to really pay allowance or pay for jobs they should be doing anyway as part of a family, but you can change the point system so they have to do a lot to really get a reward. Although I would suggest some rewards they can redeem early enough they don't get discouraged. You get to choose your rewards and how many points they have to earn. I'm sure I'll have to adjust as I go along, but so far, so good!
Find it on myjobchart.com
Thought I'd share...
No comments:
Post a Comment