AARGH! After the first bunny died of some unknown sickness, maybe pneumonia, Syd's bunny 4-h leader gave her another bunny with exact instructions of how to take care of it. It was a cute lop-ear bunny she named, Olivia. After a few weeks of taking perfect care of it, it too was found dead in her cage. Sydney is beside herself. She was so upset the first time and I was at work when it happened, so Grandma had to come down and console her. This second time, she had a friend over, so the friend and I calmed her down. She LOVES animals and it just breaks her heart. Guess we'll try another one or a kitten when she is ready again. Good thing her lamb is hanging in there and doing well! I've always told the kids that I can barely keep kids alive, I can't deal with pets, but she has been doing so well taking care of them...We'll try again when Mike builds the kids a chicken coop/bunny cage that may work better.
Here we are- the good and the funny times! Hope you enjoy staying connected to us. Let us know if you have a blog, too, so we can add you to our friends and family list. You can click on any picture here if you want it clearer and larger. Have fun!
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Second bunny lost this summer
AARGH! After the first bunny died of some unknown sickness, maybe pneumonia, Syd's bunny 4-h leader gave her another bunny with exact instructions of how to take care of it. It was a cute lop-ear bunny she named, Olivia. After a few weeks of taking perfect care of it, it too was found dead in her cage. Sydney is beside herself. She was so upset the first time and I was at work when it happened, so Grandma had to come down and console her. This second time, she had a friend over, so the friend and I calmed her down. She LOVES animals and it just breaks her heart. Guess we'll try another one or a kitten when she is ready again. Good thing her lamb is hanging in there and doing well! I've always told the kids that I can barely keep kids alive, I can't deal with pets, but she has been doing so well taking care of them...We'll try again when Mike builds the kids a chicken coop/bunny cage that may work better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no. Breaks my heart!
Post a Comment