Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day at Willow Creek

We made a last-minute decision to head up to family property at Willow Creek on Saturday and make a dutch oven meal. We had T-bone steaks, Dutch oven potatoes, Greek veggie salad, fruit and soda (or should I say "pop", now that I'm in Utah.

Nathan LOVED climbing this tree while we prepared the food and talked:



Then Granpa, in his mischievous mind, decided it would be fun to duct-tape the grandkids to trees. The kids LOVED it! CRAZY Grandpa!








We had so much fun in the mountains. We'll have to make it a yearly fall activity (all except the duct tape, of course!)

3 comments:

Ali said...

Looks like so much fun! What a beautiful place. Makes me want to make another trip out this summer too!

jimnkate said...

I'm guessing that must be Mike's Dad? Looks like good times, duct tape and all! I love the one of Nathan in the tree!

howellblog said...

Yes, we love this area...those mountains at willow Creek are home to us...I even found my name carved in a tree in about 1988. No, Kate, that's my dad...He was mischevious as a child, too!