Sunday, January 2, 2011

Trip to Temple Square




I took the oldest to Temple Square. We were lucky enough to get tickets to David Archulletta/Mormon Tab concert, but despite rushing there, taking TRAX and skipping dinner, we missed it. We were there almost an hour early, but they let the standby line in and they filled up. If I would have known, I'd have gone earlier! We made the best of it and toured Temple Square and watched the concert on a monitor. Then went out to dinner. It was fun just to have the older 3, although they were pretty disappointed in not getting in the conference center! Oh well!

2 comments:

Katie said...

My sister is serving her mission on Temple Square (Sister Hirt). If you go back, see if you can find her. She wrote about this concert in her weekly letter. They didn't get to go watch the concert, but they were on temple square an hour later than normal talking to people who didn't make it in.

She said she saw him later on temple square and wanted to tell him a neat story about one of their investigators finding the church because of him, but he is really shy and after she said Hi, how are you doing today? he more or less ran away.

Too bad you didn't get to go. His voice is the most amazing voice I think I've ever heard since Bing Crosby. =) Its just like butter!

howellblog said...

So cool! If I see her, I'll give her a hug for you. That's good that she talked to people that didn't get in because most of them were mad! I had to keep my cool for the kids! Oh well!