Friday, March 19, 2010

Being Positive!


So this month I had a birthday. My hubby was very thoughtful about my gifts and I loved them. But one of my favorite things was something my little Sydney made me (she's 10). I wondered what she was doing all day, then went to get a tissue and all the tissues were taken out of the box. The box was missing...So I had to laugh a little when I opened this gift. Syd gave me a
"MOM's POSITIVE BOX".
At first, I thought it was for the kids to write positive things to me, but then I read the side instructions:

"- pick out one of the papers, -write one positive thing about your day,
-put it in the box (do it every day).
-In a year, you will pick one every day and read it-
it will help you to be positive".

I guess some days I need a little help in that area. I used to be a very positive person but with all the family craziness around here sometimes, I forget. Thanks, Sydney for such a thoughtful gift!
p.s. My teenage son didn't read the instructions and misunderstood what it was too, so the other day, I looked in and found about 15 notes from him saying, "Good work", "Good job for finishing the day so peaceful and positive", "Mom is so good-looking", "Mom is nice", "Mom is a positive boxful of wonderful joy", etc. I don't think I'll tell him...

No comments: