Monday, March 8, 2010

Dance Festival

Our stake held a dance festival last Saturday where 250 youth participated. Bradley did a Strippling warriors dance and the opening and closing numbers, and McKenzie did an all girls number, and swing and waltz and was also in the specialty numbers, latin and hip hop. She loved every minute of it and you could tell by how she smiled as she performed. We didn't realize we had such a performer in the family...she always surprises us when she gets on stage. Everyone said later, "I didn't even know she could dance" and "Wow- she was so fun to watch- she really looked like she was having fun!" She was having fun and I think both of our teens will remember this for years to come..."Build these walls around me" was the song that was written especially for this and the theme was "Heaven, don't miss it for the world". I'm grateful for all the work that went into this for our kids!










2 comments:

Katie said...

She WAS fun to watch.

It was such a great performance!

walkin on cloud nine said...

Fun videos and pictures. I need to find out how you get your videos uploaded on your blog. Mine will not let me use any video more than about 20 seconds long. Your kids are growing up way too fast!