I had just done a quick cut for Nathan and Sydney because I noticed that evening at the piano recital they looked a little ragged. So I ran home, did a quick clean of the house, laundry, dishes, etc.. then quick cut Nathan's and Syd's hair. Then Addy asked for her haircut. So I trimmed the edges- all in the fun. And boy, I was thinking that her hair is getting so pretty. Then I left the cutting kit out on the table on the deck outside, ran in to get Bradley to pin him down to cut his hair, and while I was trying to convince him how desperately he needed his hair cut, Addy did a number on her hair. She has just learned how to cut with scissors and practiced all week on paper, having such a great time. Well, when I found her, she was standing on the toiled lid looking in the mirror with scissors in her hand. I had only found a little peice of hair on the floor, so thought, "Oh good- caught her in time"- but then I looked at her head more closely. I couldn't believe it. Then I found this outside on the deck:
First I screamed, then cried...we had been to busy to watch her closely that time. I ran her up to show Mike and he laughed his head off, then told her, "I love your haircut- it's so pretty!" Didn't make me too happy after I had been telling her "You don't cut your own hair- it looks weird now!" Talk about mixed signals. Well, hopefully she won't do it again, since we keep reiterating, "Who cuts Addy's hair?- ONLY MOMMY right?" Guess we'll be wearing headbands, hats and ponytails all sunmmer...ADDYs hair- please grow...I beg you!
No comments:
Post a Comment