Sunday, May 9, 2010

New house plan



Mike and I finally agreed on a house plan with a few changes. The breakfast nook will be bigger, and the laundry room will be a rectangle so there will only be a 3 car garage...What other changes would you make?

2 comments:

BowSweet said...

I can't really see it too well. Can you make it bigger? Is that an island or a table in the kitchen? Would you have to walk from the kitchen to the front entry hallway to get to the dining room? No door between? And, of course, IIIII would add a BowSweet boutique room. :)

howellblog said...

Of course! Maybe you just need to come live with us and bring the family! Ha! I know...I realized it doesn't make bigger. Go on nelsondesigngroup.com and put in the plan # NDG-1249. I like the layout, but would only have a loft above the garage (not bedrooms) and I don't like the front, so we'd design a different outside...and yes, you caught that too...I'd put a pocket door into the dining room on the left side. But Mike doesn't want to use it as a dining anyway, he wants to use that as a living room. The other changes I didn't mention is to make the 1/2 bath a full bath and the parlor will be a bedroom until kids are grown, then change into a den. I will put a computer desk area in the kitchen nook on the left wall until they grow up, so I can monitor computer use. I don't like the island in the kitchen, so I'd make a angled island with breakfast seating...and the shower in the master will be a walk in shower (no nasty doors or tracks or curtains to clean). It is 2500 square feet with a basement. The basement is 4 bedroom, 2 bath, family room, storage room, and play room. But we may have to downsize...depending on how much the estimates are...