Thursday, May 19, 2011

McKenzie's Junior Prom- Finally posting!

I am finally getting around to posting a few things...First off, McKenzie's Junior Prom. I was so thrilled she'd be able to go to Jr. Prom- I didn't let her go to dances where we lived before! She had the best time! They spent all day on 2 different group dates, then she came home and we only had 45 min to get her ready! AARGH! The kids had to be back to the school for one last Promenade practice at 7pm. Her date was waiting in the entry while we glued the last couple fingernails on... (She had to do quick temporary nails since her piano teacher requires short nails). She was going to get ready with her friends, but it was a good thing she got home to get ready, since there wasn't much time. Mike and I both did her hair while she did make-up. Also it was one of Mike's dreams to meet the date and have the flowers pinned on in our home so he could be there. It was a sweet moment!










It was raining when she left, so her date decided to pull into the garage so her dress/hair wouldn't get wet. We laughed because he pulled to close to our car and then he couldn't get out to help her in the passenger side, so Mike opened the door for her.

PROMENADE: (for those of you that don't know what this is, it's a tradition at MHS that the Juniors are introduced with their partner and do a dance for the parents, then the Dads or Moms get the first dance of the night with their daughter or son.) WHAT FUN!




Prom Queen and King:






McKenzie and her cousins and their dates:

2 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE seeing so many modest dresses! Its like looking at a sophisticated Ball (instead of a bunch of girls dressed to see who can wear the least amount of clothes). It just looks so classy!

Ron and Susan said...

McKenzie I love this dress. I wish that the girls in Ellensburg would dress this modest. Thanks for posting all your family activities Susie.